Faculty & Staff Specials
This page will contain information regarding specials for Faculty & Staff members. Bookmark this page to check whenever you hear someone mention an Employee Special.
Faculty and staff members get a 10% discount on stationery, clothing, and gift items in the Rams Bookstore. Please be prepared to show your faculty or staff ID card.
If you have any questions or comments about general merchandise including computers and software, please send a message to Carl
If you have any questions or comments about general merchandise including special orders or uniforms, please send a message to Maria.
If you have any questions or comments about text or trade books, please send a message to Kendra.
Faculty Center Network
With credentials from the Rams Bookstore staff, faculty members on campus can review qualifying materials on books that may be potentially 'adopted' for use. Study aids, review copies, and sample content is also available to either view or order online to explore new materials further. Access limited to teachers, staff & administrators.
First Time Log In: New User Steps
- To begin the process of adoption through Sidewalk Hero, you must first become a user. To begin, click here.
- At the top of the dialog box, you will
see "Don't have an account? Sign Up". Follow this link.
- Use the first and last name used in your Victor Valley College email address.
- Your username will be your Victor Valley
College email: first name.last email@example.com
- You won't be able to log on unless you use your VVC email.
- Note: Single Sign On is currently not an option through Victor Valley College
- Your initial password will be whatever you choose.
- You will be sent an email to confirm
that your email (VVC) is valid.
- There will be a link in that email that you need to follow
- If you need assistance or are having a problem logging in, please call the Hero Support Line at x4376
Getting Acquainted: Begin the Adoption
Once you have logged in, then Hero will take you right to your courses, where you can always click Find New Course Material or Re-adopt Last Term's Material.
- On occasion, changes to courses or instructors may occur. If you are unable to find your course, this may be the cause. Contact Kendra Ullger at firstname.lastname@example.org to have this corrected.
- If you're a Course Coordinator (Department Chair), then in addition to anything the Faculty member can do, you also have your highly specialized Course Dashboard, which as you know can jump you into the Adoption Editor six ways to Sunday.
- If no learning materials are required, it is still critical to let students know this. Simply check the box in the middle of the course adoption page and they will know that no materials are needed.
Creating an Adoption: Basic Adoption Process
Upon loggin in, you'll arrive at the My Course page, which displays the courses you are teaching. It's here that you will select materials for the term(s) available. You can find something you have used before, something new, upload your syllabus, or you can add supplementary links and files.
Again, if no learning materials are required, it is still critical to let students know this. Simply check the box in the middle of the course adoption page and they will know that no materials are needed.
Typical Textbook Adoptions Deadlines:
- For standard textbook adoptions, they are due no later than 8 weeks prior to the beginning of each semester.
- For special/custom packages, they are due at least 12 weeks prior to each semester.