- Ordering Online
- Shipping Policies
- Out Of Stock?
- Product Returns
- In-Store Policies
- Additional Policies
- Bi-Annual Sales Events
- Vouchers and Account Sales Process
- Special Order Policies
- Bookstore Curbside Pickup
- Online Textbook Rentals
- Bag Check Policy
- Contact Support
Submit your order securely to us via vvcRams.com. Visit us again after you have placed your order to easily track your shipment and view order history. You can even choose to pick up your order in the store at no additional cost! For Store Pickup, please visit Auxiliary Services with your student ID and web order confirmation number.
Online orders are typically processed and shipped within 2 business days of submission however, orders placed during a campus closure (holidays, weather conditions or during our annual inventory in June) will not be processed until the next open business day.
Our inventory and pricing of new and used textbooks may vary from minute-to-minute during peak buying times. In rare cases, the textbook you selected may not be available as you specified (new or used).
If a used textbook is not in stock when we fill your order, we will send a new text in its place at the new text price automatically. You WILL be charged the new text price if your used book is not in stock. Prices are subject to change.
If your course indicates that online materials will be required, Rams Bookstore strongly recommends ordering a new book package. This will help to avoid any additional costs to obtain a new password or key code in order to meet class requirements.
UPS does not ship to PO Boxes or APO addresses.back to top
Rams Bookstore is proud to offer you the most competitive shipping rates. All of our shipments are professionally packed to ensure the safety of your items in route.
PLEASE NOTE: Orders placed during August or February may take longer to process due to higher than usual store business volume at that time.
We offer a variety of ordering options to best suits your payment needs!
- We are able to ship in-stock items within 1 or 2 business days after receipt of your paid order. Completed orders can then be shipped using one of the following methods:
- In store pick-up: We will have your order ready for pick-up within 1 to 2 business days.*
- Bring your student ID and Web Order confirmation number when picking up your order.
- Regular Ground Shipping: You should receive your package within three to five business days.*
- Two-Day Shipping: You should have your package within two business days.*
- Next Day Shipping: You should have your package by the next business day.*
* Orders placed on a holiday or during the weekend will be shipped on the next open business day. Visit the following link for a listing of VVC Observed Holidays and campus closures VVC Acacdemic Calendar.back to top
Out of Stock?
- At Rams Bookstore, we will do everything possible to ensure that you receive your requested textbooks however, orders may be backordered or adjustments made at the time of order processing when needed.
- If your book(s) are backordered, you will be notified as soon as we are aware.
- If a used textbook is not in stock when we fill your order, we will send a new textbook in its place.
- Likewise, if a new textbook is not in stock when your order is fulfilled, a used textbook will sent in its place.
In each instance, the price of the replaced item will be charged automatically.back to top
We are confident that you will enjoy our products. So confident that if you are not completely satisfied, you may return items purchased within 48 business hours from the day you received your order and receive a full refund. All items must be returned in the original condition and the original paperwork/receipt must be presented. Products that are shrink-wrapped must be returned with their shrink-wrap intact to receive full credit. Shipping charges will not be refunded unless the return is due to our error.
- CDs and DVDs must be unopened, still in the shrink-wrap or original protective packaging.
- New books must include all unopened and intact ancillary items. Software and web access codes must be in shrink-wrapping or original protective packaging.
- Used books must not include any additional highlighting, writing, drawings etc.
- Packing list and completed returns form must be included with each return.
- Bookstore managers have discretion to determine proper refund amounts based on condition of returned items and return time.
IF YOU NEED TO PURCHASE A TEXTBOOK LATE IN THE SEMESTER, MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT BOOK. TEXTBOOKS PURCHASED DURING THE LAST TWO WEEKS OF ANY SEMESTER CAN NOT BE RETURNED.
Packing list and receipt must be included with each return. Returns missing this information can not be credited. If the return is due to our error all shipping charges will be refunded to the original credit card or account used for payment.
Return Policy Instructions
Include the packing slip and receipt (receipt can be reprinted on the order history page) with your return. Repackage your item(s) in the original packaging or in an appropriate cardboard box. Using packing material (e.g. Styrofoam peanuts, bubble wrap, etc) around your item(s), pack and tape your package securely. Select a carrier that offers you the option to insure and track your package. UPS, FedEx, and USPS all offer this option. Insuring and tracking your package protects you as the shipper and helps ensure your shipment goes to the correct destination in the same condition it was when you sent it. Write down your tracking number and keep it until Rams Bookstore has refunded your money.
- Ship your return to the following address:
- Rams Bookstore
- ATTN: Web Order Returns
- 18422 Bear Valley Road
- Victorville, CA 92395-5850
Arrange for a carrier to pick up your package or drop it off with the carrier. Shipping is the responsibility of the customer and is not refundable, unless a return is due to our error.
No credit is given for lost or damaged packages in route to Rams Bookstore. Please insure and track your package. Returns to Rams Bookstore will be refunded to the original credit card or account used for payment. A refund will be posted to your credit card or account once your return is received and processed. Processing times for returns vary, and may take up to 30 days from the day the return is received for a credit to be transmitted to your credit card or account. It normally takes 2-10 business days for financial institutions to process the transmitted credit request.back to top
Credit Card Acceptance Policy:
All transactions require a Photo ID.
- For all Credit Card transactions:
- State or Federal Issued ID, such as a Driver's License, Military ID, Passport, etc.
- The card holder must be present at the time of the transaction
- 3rd party transactions are not allowed
- VVC ASB/ID Card.
- This may be used for credit card transactions
- This is REQUIRED for all account purchases
Rams Bookstore no longer accepts checks.
All Rams Bookstore account charges require a current VVC ID/ASB Card.
EOPS Vouchers: you MUST bring your VVC Registration Statement and your current VVC ID/ASB card at the time of purchase.
CARE Vouchers: you MUST provide your current VVC ID/ASB card at the time of purchase.
Bags, purses, backpacks, beverages and food are not allowed in Rams Bookstore. This is to protect the merchandise from damage or theft.
back to top
Only Credit Card/ATM-Debit Card Available Online. All payments must be completed online for either of the delivery options, Ground Ship or Bookstore Pick-Up. If you wish to pay in any other manner (Cash or Financial Aid) you must do so in person at the Rams Bookstore.
Opened Software/Hardware Returns are not allowed. All Software Returns (CD-ROMS, Programs, etc. that are not included with a textbook, unless otherwise indicated) must be returned as an unopened box/carton for a refund. There is no assurance of disk integrity or that copy protection measures are still effective on an opened or used software item, therefore, once the box has been opened, the software may not be returned to the Bookstore. Please check the system requirements of a program at the manufacturer's website before ordering to assure the software will work as expected on your computer.
Shrink Wrapped/Sealed Items. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for product returns where the wrapping has been opened and/or removed.
Electronics. No refunds or exchanges will be issued for electronics as all sales are considered non-refundable unless the item is non-functioning. We reserve the right to test the product to determine the condition of the requested return.
Clothing. All items must be returned in new condition with tags still attached. If the clothing item is damaged, refunds will not be issued. Damages may include but are not limited to dirt, tears, stains, animal hair, makeup and/or perfume, smoke, etc.
Shipping/Handling charegs are not not refundable. All Returns from this bookstore's website that are approved by the management will be made minus any shipping or handling fees. The subtotal with tax is the amount available for refund on an accepted return from the website.
Used Books & Online Services. Used books usually come with same Software/Media as a new book; however books that are supplemented with an online password or a key code for internet-based materials usually have codes that are expired from the prior student's use. Please note that as new items arrive in our inventory, prices can fluctuate.
If your course indicates that online materials will be required, we highly recommend a new book purchase to avoid any extra cost to obtain a new password or key code to participate with the class.
Special and Custom Orders. These orders are not eligible for exchange or refund.
Sales & Clearance Items. All clearance items are neither refundable or returnable. Sales merchandise is subject to standard return procuedures.back to top
Bi-Annual Sales Events
This special event is held twice per year, typically the Saturday before the first day of Fall and Spring classes begin. The days and dates may vary, depending on the VVC Academic Calendar. Our hours for this special event are 8am - 4pm. This sales event is not available for online purchases.
Due to the significant savings students can gain through this sale, the discount is only available on the actual date of the event. This sales discount cannot be applied to any previous sale nor is it available after the sale date.
This discount requires that the student must produce their appropriate VVC ASB Card (Fall or Spring) at the time of the sale.
All policies regarding refunds and exchanges apply.back to top
How to order using Vouchers and Student Accounts to pay for your online order
- Go to the top left hand side of the website
Select Textbooks – a drop down will appear
- Select Buy Textbooks – a new page will open
- From there you will select your term, department, course and section.
- It will add your courses (you may repeat the step above for multiple courses) to the right.
- When you are ready to select your materials, press the “Compare Prices on These Course Materials”
- This will open an informational pop up and the you can “Begin Price Comparison”
- At the top of the screen, you may also purchase clothing, gifts, uniforms and supplies under General Merchandise.
- You will select the materials you will need and submit your order.
- You will need to use your VVC student email when setting up your account, if you do not already have one established. If you have an account, please change your primary email address to your VVC student email address.
- Review your purchases and confirm textbook substitution process
Once we receive your order, we will process within 2 business days
provided the campus is not closed during the weekend and/or during a
holiday (please check the academic calendar for closures
You have several shipping options to select from:
- Bookstore Pickup – we will notify you of when your order is ready for pickup.
- UPS shipping options.
- Verify billing and mailing details
- Enter your VVC Student ID
Accepted forms of payment
Vouchers – these can be either paper or digital vouchers. You
will use “CV” in front of your voucher number
- EXAMPLE: Your voucher number is 01234567. You will enter CV01234567. If you do not enter CV (no spaces or dashes), we will not be able to process your order. Verify your student ID has been entered correctly and submit your order.
- A/R Charges – these charges include Pell accounts, Pell Fall, Pell Spring, Scholarships, VA, Dept. of Rehab, etc. In this instance, your student ID will be used to access available funds. Verify your student ID has been entered correctly and submit your order.
- Vouchers – these can be either paper or digital vouchers. You will use “CV” in front of your voucher number
tiple Payment/Tender Types:
- If you have an order that exceeds an available balance on your Voucher or A/R Charge, you will need to follow the instructions below:
Rams Bookstore Curbside Pickup:
Once you have been notified via email that your order is available for pickup, you can come to campus to pick up your order.
- Park in one of the designated Curbside Pickup parking spots (Lot K – southeast of Student Activities Center).
- Call the campus number, 760-245-4271 and dial ext. 4376.
- Let us know what spot you are parking in & what your order confirmation number is
- You MUST wear a mask while receiving your materials
- You must have a current student ID for verification – if you do not have a student ID, you can show us a valid driver’s license or state ID and a screenshot of your registration statement.
Rams Bookstore Regular Curbside Pickup Schedule: Monday – Thursday 8:30 am-5:00 pm Friday 8:30 am - 2:00 pm
Please refer to the Victor Valley College Academic Calendar for campus closure dates. You can find it here.
Special Order Policies
Available at any time. Rams Bookstore staff can take a special order for any item not in stock at the bookstore, or any items from the website that the bookstore doesn't regularly stock on location. Please contact Maria Rempfer for more information.
Pre-payment is required. To process a special order, prepayment is required to cover the costs of purchasing and shipping the item to the store. All special orders are non-refundable.
In-Person Only. Special orders are unavailable online.back to top
Bag Check Policy
Bags, food and beverages are not allowed in Rams Bookstore. There are shelves just inside the bookstore where bags, purses, backpacks etc. can be stored while browsing or shopping. Please feel free to take your phone and wallet with you. All beverages and food must be stored in this area or outside the bookstore.
During peak periods when there is high traffic, bag check-in will be available in Auxiliary Services (adjacent to BLDG 44). Here you will check in your belongings. You will be issued a numbered tag that will allow you to pick up your belongings after shopping. Be sure to take your paperwork, identification and payment method with you. Once you have completed your visit to Rams Bookstore, take your numbered tag back to Auxiliary Services where you will be able to pick up your bags, etc.
This policy allows Rams Bookstore to maintain affordability and ensure the safety of the merchandise. Rams Bookstore understands that this process adds additional time to your shopping experience and we appreciate your cooperation.back to top
Rams Bookstore makes reasonable attempts to post correct prices. In the event a price is posted incorrectly, we reserve the right to update and charge the correct price.